Monday, September 4, 2017

Cold as the Winds

I've been feeling somewhat cold in several of the past few days. If I were in the U.S., this would be understandable because the season is turning over to fall and colder times, but I'm residing in Indonesia, so there has to be another reason. And there is - it has to do with location and the properties of that location, akin to how some locations in the Pokémon world are also somewhat cold and support Pokémon of that quality.

I live in a place that's about 460 meters (about 1380 feet) up in the mountains. It's a far cry from the place where I previously lived in the U.S., which is nearly four times as high as my current place. Still, it can get somewhat cold. This situation reminds me of Mahogany Town in the Johto region, where the Ice-type master Pryce hosts his Gym. It's a place that appears supportive of such a Gym, not the least of which is because off to one of its sides is the Ice Path, which is truly icy and truly cold. I see similarities of my place to this place.

On the other hand, these places are quite detached from the snowy place of Snowpoint City in the Sinnoh region. I've only rarely seen the kinds of snows in that place even in the place I previously lived. As much as it is interesting to be able to live in that cold of a place, I'm not sure if I will be able to stand it for longer periods; just a week in this kind of situation has me dazed. Still, I salute those who are willing and wish to live in this kind of a place, both in the real world and in the Pokémon world.

I have nothing against the cold; I in fact like it sometimes to live in a cold place. But beyond the "sometimes", it gets a little dicey. The coldness, however, is a naturally acceptable thing, whether it is real and actual as in this world or simply perceived as in the Pokémon world. It's just a consequence of the respective environments in question, and it's just something that we all have to deal with.

And now, I think I feel another cold spell coming on. Brrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.