Sunday, September 10, 2017

Cosplay: BJF - Shizen ni Modoru

I've been to many out-of-town events, but the one I went to today was somewhat different. For starters, it was in a different direction - literally - than most of the out-of-town events that I've been to. It was also a debut event of sorts for both myself and those who organized the event. Different as it may be, it was still a fun event.

The event itself was a Japanese festival held by fans of things Japanese in the town. For a first-time event, it was pretty good, especially in terms of cosplay. Single performance, team performance, and even a cosplay walk or parade was offered. For those with musical talent, there was also an anisong competition. There were no bands or dance cover groups, and this was probably due to concerns of space and time, as with the food stands that were present. But in return, the event was held inside an agricultural theme park with its own attractions after a last-minute change in venue; it was interesting to see visitors of both the event and the park blend and mingle.

Since it was a debut event, I chose to wear the very costume I wore on my debut as a cosplayer: Ash DP, from the fourth generation. I have fond memories of this costume not only from the first time I cosplayed, but also the first year I cosplayed. You can tell how much this means to me. And in going for broke, I decided to take part in the cosplay walk or parade as well, which fortunately was still open when I came. However, I did have to miss the winners' announcements for the concern that I might miss the only way I could stand to get home the very same evening. My chances were somewhat low anyway since I was one of 20 or so entrants and it seemed only a few winners were chosen.

Friends are vital for anyone, including this Pokémon Trainer in cosplay, and this was what made my day. In heading to the event site after arriving in town, I saved myself from a potential disaster and reduced the burden of a couple of my friends, who arrived at the same time, by getting transportation together; their intel proved handy when it came time for me to return home. Meanwhile, I was able to meet many of the friends who I often see at an event in my hometown, so it really felt like home away from home. Should another event in the same town appear, I wish to be able to travel again together, perhaps even for the entirety of the trip.

A part of a Pokémon Trainer's goal is to venture to many places, and I surely did that today in regard to this cosplay event. I'm thankful to and for everyone involved, as well as for the fact that I came. It has been truly a great and memorable day for this Pokémon fan and cosplayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.