Monday, April 3, 2017

A Story of Love, A Story of Passion

Let love burn intensely in our hearts
Let love bring us together
This story of love that I feel for the first time
Never let it end, our story of love
-- "Cerita Cinta" ("Story of Love"), Kahitna (translated)

While still on the subject of the BW series of the Pokémon anime, there's another song that comes to my mind when listening to the music from this series. This time, it deals with the Japanese side, and specifically, it deals with the first opening theme, aptly titled "Best Wishes". I found that a sliver of the opening theme, the part before the final two lines of the full version of the song (the "Yea-he-he-hey" part), seems to also fit the chorus of "Cerita Cinta", a song by the hit Indonesian pop group Kahitna, of which I have provided the above translation. And now I find singing that chorus every time I hear that part.

So yes, I do get exposed to local content - other than the obvious exception of the Indonesian dub of the Pokémon anime - and like it every now and then. Actually, it is thanks to this coincidental association that I now like Kahitna. This music group has been around for about the same age as I am and I've never given the group much thought until this coincidental association came along. Most of the songs from the group talk about love, including this one, but there's no reason some of the other songs can't also apply to Pokémon in different ways.

Speaking of love, the above song that I quoted somewhat resonates for me and Pokémon. Pokémon is really the first thing I've felt very much attracted to, and has become quite a passion. Think about it - if I didn't have that, I wouldn't be writing this up as a post, a story if you will, on this blog right now, nor would I continue playing the games, watching the anime, or even cosplaying as Ash. Pokémon has affected many parts of my current life for the better, and to like it and to continue to do so is truly an intense feeling I have in my heart.

And I don't want it to end. Never let it end, our story of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.