Sunday, April 23, 2017

Luffy and Infernape

Some people say that Luffy is like an Infernape. 😮

Yes, that's Luffy as in the one whose name begins with "Monkey D." In addition to Pokémon, I'm a bit of a fan of the One Piece series, and while I haven't been in the know of recent happenings in the series for a variety of reasons, one of which is to focus on Pokémon, I'm somewhat versed in the beginnings of the series up to a good portion of it. While I'm not attracted to it as much as I am attracted to Pokémon, at least I show a good amount of appreciation for it.

And from what I've seen, I'd say that this is appropriate. True to a part of his name, "Monkey", his powers make him as flexible as one; he can stretch his limbs as needed to move and swing about in a monkey-like fashion. As the series progresses, he gains the Gear Second ability, which lets him heat up his body to deliver more serious hits. Infernape is both in those respects, as it's also a monkey of the Fire type and can perform similar maneuvers. It's no wonder that there are a few pieces of fan art where Infernape and Luffy are combined or paired. I've seen them, and they're cleverly and impressively designed.

I'm posting this because... well, I have to say that there was a minor cosplay event yesterday, and I was specially requested to cosplay as Luffy, and even to perform in a stage play. Since I didn't cosplay as a Pokémon character, I can't authorize myself to review the event, but I can say that thinking of this connection helped with the cosplay, in addition to thinking about how Luffy behaves. So by my own experience, I'd indeed say that Luffy and Infernape are a lot like each other and are a natural pair. And this makes for a fascinating connection between Pokémon and One Piece.

Some people say that Luffy is like an Infernape, and I'm fine with that. 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.