Wednesday, April 26, 2017

In Pursuit of Collections

Today I bought two Pokémon-related items that I think are quite wonderful to add to my collection and to use where I live. One of them I will divulge sometime soon, as it really deserves a review and can be really, really useful. The other one I'll keep to myself since... well, I'd rather not divulge it right now - just trust me on this. So this reminds me that I also need to keep in mind what I have and how my collection items work and play well with others (as well as by itself), certainly in addition to keeping them Pokémon.

In some sense, the principles that I outlined when I discussed the mechanical fan a while back applies to my other collections as well, only a little differently. Some of the things I collect in one understanding are purely visual, so that's pretty much their only function. However, visuals can be manipulated, so at the least from time to time I can change up how my collections are displayed to give a different effect. For other items that I do have, I like if they can do something neat, but it's not a prerequisite to the visual aspect. While those principles need to be loosely re-interpreted in regard to my collections, at the least they are still satisfied.

But the most prime concern has to be space. Collections are of no use if I don't have space to show them off. That indirectly affects the amount of collections I can have; I don't have to own everything and anything related to Pokémon, but to have some things is better than to have none. I won't judge my own collections, or anyone else's for that matter, solely by their sheer amounts; size shouldn't be the only thing that determines the penchant of a collector. Everyone has different concerns regarding collections, of which a couple of mine have been outlined above. In the end, I'm (primarily) a collector of Pokémon things, and as long as I stick to that, I'm just fine.

I will still collect Pokémon things, but these are the concerns that I often abide to and often dictate whether or not I will pursue something to be added to my collection. If something just doesn't work for me because of these concerns or the consequences thereof, then I won't make the efforts to integrate it into my collection, but if it does, then by all means. Whatever the case, I'm happy to collect Pokémon things and even happier to be proud with what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.