Saturday, April 1, 2017

It's April Fool's Day!

It's April 1st, so you know what that means - it's April Fool's Day! This is a day rife with all kinds of trickery, and in this cyber age, even Web sites are not immune to the phenomenon. I personally am not apt to create such trickery and won't try to implement one here, but I can implement other kinds of trickery, ones in ways that already appeal to what I can do.

One of those ways is through cosplay. Ever since I had wanted to have an Ash costume - and before I knew more about cosplay - I had thought of an additional use for it, and that was to go out on April Fool's Day wearing it and to act as if I was Ash while doing other things. I suppose in a way this would be an indirect cosplay. Three years ago, I had the chance to pull off this trick, cosplaying as Ash while I played DanceDanceRevolution, something I was able to do better back then. The result is encapsulated in this photo:


Sadly, the DDR machine in that photo is now gone, so now I would have a hard time pulling off the same exact trick. However, now that maimai is available and I can play it well, I can pull off a variant of the trick with the machine. Today, however, I lucked out because it so happened that my mahjong friends decided to hold a play date, and it was in a café that also often supports cosplay events. And so I cosplayed, played mahjong, and had a great time.

Of course,  I'm always looking for new tricks that I can do to stir up the tomfoolery on this day. To participate in it is an opportunity that is not to be missed, in any reasonably possible way or form. And...

Hold on, I think I have someone to show you.

[AshKetchumMode]
Hi! I'm Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town. This is a nice blog you've got here. Anyway, I'm honored that you've supported me all this time. I may not quite be the best there is right now, but I'm still trying to get there. I didn't know I was such a good dancer with my feet, haha; I should try it sometime. Thanks so much for letting me have a part in your blog!
[/AshKetchumMode]

You're welcome, Ash. There you go - that's something I can do with writing for this April Fool's Day. And this is not just for April Fool's Day; I have a feeling I can get him to come back for other occasions on this blog.

Have a great April Fool's Day! 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.