Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Pokémon Stuff at a Neighborhood Store

It's amazing how Pokémon stuff can be found in many places, if you know where to look. I found some at a local store in my neighborhood that furnishes household goods at a relatively cheap price, which could explain its popularity. Anyhow, I stopped by a couple of days ago to shop while escaping the rain, and I found a few goodies that I immediately snapped up while shopping for other things. They were among the cheapest goodies that I could get since I didn't feel like splurging.


On the top are a couple of Pokémon coloring books. I love art to some degree and even have the art game app for Pokémon on the 3DS, so to me, these books are good precursors to great art, even if some of it has already been provided (as outlines). However, seeing as these coloring books are effectively my only copy, so if I want to do anything special with them - that is, make art - while preserving them for later, other uses, I have to copy them to apply physical artistry or scan them to apply computer creativity. Either way, I'm prepared to do what it takes to realize some interesting works.

On the bottom is wrapping paper, but not just any wrapping paper. I've covered wrapping paper before on this blog, but I'm always looking for interesting finds, and this is one of those. Because of the images present on it, I've come to dub it as the "Mega Evolution" wrapping paper, which is neat, because that means this wrapping paper has a great theme. The other thing is that it's not a wrapping paper so much as it is a wrapping bag - that's right, bag; the paper is already cut and formed into a bag that can then be immediately filled with a gift and enclosed. That's why there is a jagged edge on the right - that is where the top is. It's a smart and convenient solution that I've yet to see anywhere else.

These are all great stuff, and what's more, they're officially licensed merchandise, so in a way they have been "blessed" to appear as they are. And it shows; everything is beautifully designed and they look neat, making me proud to have them. All this, and I found them in a place that's not too far from home. I wonder what other Pokémon stuff I can find in places that are not far removed from where I live. I can't wait to explore and find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.