Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Pokémon Art Academy - More Than Just Pokémon Art

One of the game cartridges I have for my Nintendo 3DS is Pokémon Art Academy, although probably it shouldn't be called a game at all. I liken it as an interactive art book that takes you through lessons on a variety of art techniques, all the while learning how to draw and the principles behind drawing a number of Pokémon species. I picked up my copy as a result of a friend selling his; ironically (and incidentally) the game had become his own personal art instructor and to draw a different kind of monsters. It could be said that I wanted to "right the course" as well.

Due to other things I had going on, I have only progressed only about a third into the world of Art Academy. Even so, what I have learned from Art Academy has magnified what I know about art and made it all the more pleasant by combining it with Pokémon. While I am not an artistic person, I have previously dabbled in art and have sometimes created small works of my own based on my own knowledge. Art Academy has made me more confident that I can create better works of art - in particular Pokémon art - later on in the future.

If you're both an art lover and a Pokémon fan, and you have a 3DS, I highly recommend getting this game, even a used copy, as I did. It's a worthwhile spending for the creative soul of a Pokémon fan. I know I won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.