Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Confessions and Concessions

While it's also still early, I would like to make a few confessions and concessions as I foresee that there would be occasional faults. The fact is, I'm not a perfect human; this applies anywhere, and my interest in and knowledge of Pokémon is not excluded. Sometimes I may miss something I already know. Sometimes I may overlook something that I'm not apparent to. And sometimes my knowledge or what I have is not thorough or complete. In any case, I would like to apologize should this occur or become apparent.

Case in point: Early last year I was able to visit the house of a friend and fellow Pokémon fan. While I was there, I saw an interesting object in a display case of Pokémon memorabilia. It was apparently a book that was a compilation of Pokémon graphics with a special focus on the Unova saga of the anime, almost like a coffee table book or encyclopedia. And it was something that I thought hardly existed. As it was in a display case, I figured that asking for permission to view it was out of the question. Had I realized its existence, I probably would have desired it, though it would still be hard to obtain.

I don't have all the collections that my friend have, but I am still a fan. I'm not an expert in VGC battling, but I am still a fan. I may have missed certain episodes of the anime, but I am still a fan. And I dare say that I'm just as big of a Pokémon fan as the people that have these special qualities. How much I like Pokémon is not measured by what I have or don't have; how much I like Pokémon is measured by how big of a heart I have for it. And I have a pretty big one.

In the words of the late Satoru Iwata: Please understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.