Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Ma? Ma? Ma? Marshadow...!

Three months ago, I remarked on the merits of time and life, based on the thoughts of a fellow Pokémon player on much of the same issues in playing the games. It was a worthwhile post for me and an even more worthwhile post for him. As another token of appreciation, he would trade me a Marshadow that he received. After quite a long wait, I finally received the Pokémon a few days ago, and now I'm so glad.


From its particulars, Marshadow seems to be an oddball. Its type is a dual of Ghost and Fighting, which are not exactly complementary types in opposition. Despite this, it also seems pretty powerful and sufficiently speedy. As a Mythical Pokémon, I can't really use this in VGC, but a combination like this could be useful in a team. If I can craft a team with at least partial analogues to the Pokémon, I would do so.

It is plainly obvious that the Marshadow I got is from the Japanese promotion. The Marshadow has its "signature move" of Spectral Thief, which deals damage and takes away stat boosts from the opponent. As a matter of fact, the moves, nature, and ability are the same as for the U.S. Marshadow promotion. What is missing is indeed the Marshadium Z crystal, which does knock off some of its value, in particular because it is specially obtained by way of the promotion. Ah well.

The backstory behind Marshadow is that it's a shadowy replicant of sorts, being able to move and have the same strengths as others, which explains the Spectral Thief move. I wouldn't call myself a "shadowy replicant", but I do share many of the same concerns as my fellow friends, players, and fans regarding Pokémon, as in the previous post. This symbolism seems legit and highly appropriate considering the circumstances; on that note, I thank you again, my friend, for the opportunity to have this Pokémon.

(P.S. The title of this post comes from... Ma? Ma? Ma? YES!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.