Wednesday, November 22, 2017

A Pokémon Menu

In my previous post on this blog, I mentioned that this Saturday, there will be a late launch party for the Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon games for some of my fellow fans over yonder. I've also stated that I can't go primarily due to the reason of distance. However, as a promotion (and teaser) for the party, an interesting piece of information was given out: the menu for food that will be served at the party. What makes the menu even more interesting is that it's Pokémon-themed, which not only makes it appropriate, but also unique to the occasion.


This is part of what I was discussing when I discussed about possible Pokémon parties, way back when I was hoping to have one of my own on my special day. Food can be named after Pokémon things or contain ingredients that reference Pokémon things. Here, there are dishes with certain items as well as facets from the Pokémon world. If a food item can be rationally and justifiably connected to something Pokémon, it's probably well worth it for a Pokémon party.

That said, these menu items look pretty good. The pandan tea is definitely tropical and good for evoking an Alolan feeling; I love pandan and don't mind it in my tea - I had some the other day, in fact. The nachos and salsa are logical, though the Tamato Berry, for those in the know, does evoke images of extreme spiciness - though if anything, the real salsa could be toned down for those who can't stand such an extreme. The pasta dish is a given based on its ingredients, while the special curry rice is... well, special because of its justifiable connection, which is what matters. And Alola can't be had without malasadas, Hau's favorite food, which actually exist and are the donuts as offered for dessert. All of this menu is a great lineup for an Alolan celebration.

No party is complete without food, and no Pokémon party is complete without its tie-ins. This menu is an excellent representation of that. It's quite a shame that I won't be able to try out these menu items in celebration of the newly released games, but a celebration is a celebration nonetheless. The food fan and Pokémon fan in me are pretty pleased with this menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.