Tuesday, January 17, 2017

A Pokémon Party?

I've always wanted to have a Pokémon-themed party. It's true that Pokémon is often geared for children, as evident in the most recent iteration of the anime, Sun and Moon. But I don't see why adults can't get in on the fun as well, especially when it's people like me that actually buy and play the games, and enjoy all things Pokémon. Such a party for adults would therefore have to give a different impression than a party geared for children.

If a party for children has so many decorations and is in-your-face cheery and festive, then this would have to be toned down for adults; thus a Pokémon party would still have some Pokémon decorations, but they would be only sparingly and perhaps in subtle ways, like on name cards. Similarly, not everything present has to be immediately obvious that it's a Pokémon thing; it could be something that is inspired by some element of the Pokémon universe. So there could be food, for example, that is named after something Pokémon or contains ingredients that evoke something Pokémon. Finally, since it's a Pokémon party, any activity that involves Pokémon is fair game for the party. It could be an anime/movie marathon, or there could be a mini tournament with the games. The possibilities are many and seemingly endless.

I'm posting this today because... OK, I admit it - today is my birthday, and thus it would be a great occasion for a party. As it so happens, though, I found myself busy in the days approaching this day, so I couldn't realize this by myself today. Plus, today is a weekday after all, a day less conducive to partying; last year my birthday fell on Sunday, which is a day that is great for parties. Still, it is something I would like to realize sooner if not later. I even don't mind waiting a year, as next year it will be a truly special birthday.

If Pokémon can truly bring people together, then this would be one of its greatest expressions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.