Saturday, February 17, 2018

Time for a Pikachu New 2DS XL?

Recently a good friend has pointed out that the New 2DS XL with a special Pikachu motif, one of two that I discussed in the past, has become available for local purchase. As I've said, this is the one I would get because it appeals to me like my Pikachu 3DS XL. However, I've also said that there are barriers that keep me from getting one, and some of those are still true today. Even so, some things have changed since that discussion, and this has increased my interest for one.

First are the bits of disinterest, the barriers that keep me away from it. The price for one of these is high, although it's only a bit higher than the price of my Pikachu 3DS when I got it. Still, other things have come to light, and I can't exactly incur the "splurge" notion because of them. And with the Ultra games being the last of the main series games and still playable on my 3DS, this also reduces my interest in getting one; this also plays into the issue that the 3DS is nearing its time. Yet the former issue is perhaps the most important; if it were of no concern, I would go out and grab one right now.

That said, I do show some interest in the Pikachu New 2DS XL. The primary reason is because of my ailing 3DS, and the 2DS would take away some of the pressure on my 3DS and ensure that I can keep playing. Even with the 2DS, I'm certain that my 3DS will continue to function for a good while, and I could use it as a secondary device, allowing for the possibility of playing two games at once. But perhaps most importantly, I'm somewhat ready to move on from 3D. The games I play the most on my 3DS, Shuffle and Ultra Moon, are 2D only, so the only time I see things in 3D is when I go to the Home screen or manage my StreetPass hits. And since the Switch is 2D only and the main series will migrate to it, 3D is now really only a novelty. All these are pluses that make me interested in it.

So far, I've managed to survive with only my 3DS, playing all the Pokémon games I can play. This has worked out well despite the occasional problems I've had. It would be great if I can survive all the way to the end with just one 3DS. But still, the allure and benefits of the Pikachu New 2DS XL are hard to resist. It would only make me so glad as a Pokémon fan to be able to obtain this if at all possible, but I'm a satisfied fan nonetheless without one, especially with a 3DS that is as full of memories as the person owning it.

One year ago: The Park Is Open

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.