Friday, April 28, 2017

Pokémon Floor Mat

So here's one of the items that I purchased the other day to add to my collection and to enliven the place where I live. It's a Pokémon floor mat, and it's a pretty big one. My plan is to be able to place it somewhere in my room as I reorganize and rearrange it, but looking at the size of the mat, this may or may not happen. I've measured it, and the mat is approximately 1.6 meters by 1.2 meters (almost a 4:3 ratio), which means I'll really have to find space for it in my room. Alternatively, I can use it somewhere else where floor seating may be desirable, though that's less likely since it's now part of my collection and not leaving the vicinity of my living space.


As for the design of the mat, I like that it doesn't have the Go emblem, a telltale sign of most current custom merchandise. However, the images are eclectic (there's something visible from the first, fourth, and fifth generations, and the mat includes the now-familiar Pokémon logo) as well as eccentric (note the creature in the middle). It's still a custom merchandise by any means, but I'm not too concerned about that. At the end of the day, it's still a Pokémon mat that looks neat and fulfills some desirable functions.

Speaking of functions, I've already mentioned one of them - making it possible to sit on the floor - but it is possible that I can use it as just a mat under my desk to make the space under it look neat. After all, the design is very colorful and lends itself to that. Also, the mat is in relatively good condition, despite having a few fold marks. But when I unrolled the mat for the first time, I detected an unsavory smell, which might be because it's been wrapped in plastic for quite some time. Today I left the mat to air out, and the smell seems to have disappeared, making it more favorable for use. I might just not use the plastic again in storing this mat temporarily.

I don't know about you, but I just like this floor mat so much. The design is appreciable and an honest effort to incorporate Pokémon, which is not a bad thing. It makes the floor space look nice, whether for direct seating or otherwise. Despite its size, I'd say it's a keeper in my collection, even if I have to plan out where and how I would use it. The important thing is that it's still got Pokémon on it, which makes me a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.