Wednesday, April 5, 2017

That Way You've Got

You've got a way with me
Somehow you got me to believe
In everything that I could be
I've gotta say-you really got a way
You've got a way it seems
You gave me faith to find my dreams
You'll never know just what that means
Can't you see... you got a way with me
-- "You've Got a Way", Shania Twain

I've noticed that I began this week discussing about songs and music, even odd ones, that remind me of Pokémon. It so happens that I dipped into my music collection today and found a few more that do the same. Well, heck. I'll just continue this week doing the same thing - consider it a special week of good music and good stories to tell in relation to Pokémon. It'll be convenient for me as well, given my agenda for the rest of this week.

One of the songs I happened to dip into today was the minor hit for which I quoted the verses above, and the explanation for this one is simple. The verses are all about Ash - that's it. I'm plenty inspired by what Ash does, what Ash says, how Ash is, that everything I quoted above is true. It's why I now pursue writing up all things Pokémon and me in this blog, as part of the effort "to find my dreams", because I believe that I can be great with it.

There is one concession I do want to make regarding this song, and it's about the chorus (and a little of the second verse). It concerns the word "love". As the lyrics are written, they suggest physical love. I prefer to ignore this, or at the very least downplay this in relation to Ash, because it's really not that. It's really just an adoration, which is fortunately mentioned in the bridge, and I would rather have it interpreted as that. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

As Ash pursues his goals and travels on his journey, I do the exact same thing. They may not be quite in the same way, but the gist is the same, which is to do one's best. So to see someone as high-spirited as Ash in what he does is truly an inspiration, even when today Ash doesn't quite look the same as he did in the past. That much may change, but I wouldn't change anything else.

I love you just the way you are. ... It's just the way you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.