Sunday, September 3, 2017

Bandai Pokémon XY Swing - Pikachu

All right, I've got one more gacha item to share now, but it's a good one, since it's the oldest gacha item I have. In terms of similarity, it falls in a similar class as the other two gacha items I've discussed just recently, but it is more in the same form of the former item rather than the latter. Further, this is the only gacha item which I've procured in a way true to its origins: I took a spin of an actual gacha machine, and the machine gave this out on my first and only spin, which is very neat.


What adds to the neatness is that I received the de facto franchise mascot - Pikachu - out of the five members of the series, which also include the three sixth-generation starters and Dedenne. The series itself doesn't seem to have anything else incredibly special to offer other than it appears like a starter mini-figure-on-a-chain set for the XY series and the sixth generation. But then again, perhaps that is the very reason why it's so special.

For a minute figure, the Pikachu here is extremely detailed and nice-looking. All its colors are appropriate and its appearance is aesthetically pleasing. And if you look very, very close, you can see the detailing on its hands and feet - you can see their individual digits. It is really well-crafted in that sense, and if these translate to the other members of the mini-figure series, then it's all the more true in the entirety.

I love the stroke of luck that I had when obtaining this mini-figure as much as the figure itself, and that's saying something. An excellently designed item combined with an excellently achieved spin makes for a memorable experience. I'm certainly inspired by this item and the others I've recently reviewed; I'm certainly going back for a few more spins of gacha machines if at all possible, and maybe hope for one or two more gacha gifts from friends.

(P.S. You might have noticed that the picture in this review is better than those of the previous two reviews. There might be a reason for that, just... not yet. ☺)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.