Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Here I Go (Again)

I keep saying (ever since my notes on Go) that I'm unable to play Pokémon Go because my smartphone is not capable, not modern, and not up-to-date enough, although I was for a brief time able to start to play the game and get a good thing going.

Well... say no more. I'm back on Go!

I'm back!!

I finally got a new smartphone after a harrowing experience. I've already hinted at this in Sunday's gacha review; that picture was taken by the new phone as I was setting it up, whilst the other review pictures (and coincidentally, this picture) were taken by an even older phone that now only serves as a functional backup. So the story is that a week or so ago my older smartphone gave out for the umpteenth time, being unable to boot. Forget about running Go, it was already becoming incapable of running several of the modern canon of smartphone apps that I now trust in. The answer to this problem (and the Go conundrum as well) would, of course, be a new smartphone, and that is exactly what I got. With the help of a friend, I procured a new smartphone that would be more capable in running those apps to assist my day-to-day activities...

...and run Go! That is exactly what this new phone of mine is capable of. The experience is smooth and nearly flawless, worlds away from what I experienced on my previous smartphone. PokéStops spun well and I was able to grab all the items, and even the AR mode of catching Pokémon works great. Unlike on my previous phone, catching Pokémon went off without a hitch, and I could stand to continue playing more and more afterwards. I haven't hatched an egg yet, but I've managed to continue progress of an egg I left in an incubator before I stopped playing Go previously. I think I'm really going to enjoy playing Go now.

I know Pokémon Go's popularity is no longer as high as it was in the past, and I could be said to have missed its height, but as a big Pokémon fan, I cannot appreciate this game enough, especially the fact it became phenomenally popular. This is a totally amazing game that delivers great Pokémon experiences, and I hope it will continue to do so. I can see myself playing this every so often now that I'm able again.

Enough talk, let's Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.