Monday, October 9, 2017

Pokémon Jigsaw Puzzle

I love jigsaw puzzles. They're great when you need a leisure activity to shut yourself in for a good amount of time. I especially like electronic versions because jigsaws can be quite messy, in particular when there are hundreds upon hundreds of pieces. But physical versions are great too for their hands-on quality. So when I saw this Pokémon jigsaw puzzle yesterday, I could not resist grabbing it to make it mine and to check it out.


If you recall, yesterday there was a Japanese-themed event that I went to and where I found some Pokémon merchandise; this one wasn't found at the event, though. I actually got this just outside of the event in a place that I could only pass by once. It was this that played into the consideration of getting the puzzle as I might not see it again for some time. In any case, the day and the event turned out to be a good one, and I believe spiritually that it might have been in part because of this puzzle - it made for a wonderful start to the day (and just before entering the event) before I cosplayed Ash.

The design of the jigsaw puzzle is simplistic but works fine in some respects. The psychedelic rainbow background along with the images of the first- and second-generation Pokémon as well as the logo provide just enough focal points to see where the pieces go. In terms of the number of pieces, there are only 30 pieces, which makes this a rather simple jigsaw; many of the piece shapes are also repetitive, which keeps things even simpler. I'd say this is a good jigsaw puzzle for younger fans or for a time challenge to complete it in the shortest time possible. I personally could stand to have the same image in the same size as a jigsaw with 100 or so pieces for a little greater challenge, certainly with pieces that look a little less similar to the majority of pieces.

Jigsaw puzzles are still great for a good mental challenge, and this one delivers on some of its aspects. I am obviously taken by this one because of the Pokémon image and for its connections to my day yesterday. Sometimes it's the little things that count, and while this jigsaw puzzle is by no means little, it still has a little bit of a value as a challenge puzzle and Pokémon merchandise... and something that made my day yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.