Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Pokémon XY Pikachu Freezer Bottle

I've been eyeing a particular piece of Pokémon merchandise ever since it popped up in a local supermarket, and today I finally had the chance to buy it. It is the very merchandise that I wish to discuss in this post. It started out being somewhat expensive, but then after a few price cuts, the price was finally at the point where I could modestly buy it. But really, it's a great piece of Pokémon merchandise for whatever price is fitting. It's also officially licensed, and that is always appreciable.


This freezer bottle holds 610 ml (about 22.6 fl oz) of whatever liquid is desired for drinking. The bottle is made out of plastic that is sturdy, but seems a little thin. The bright-red lid even has a ring and a mini carabiner, so it can be attached to and carried with various things. But the central feature of this bottle is the "freezer" part; the bottle contains an insert that can be filled with water, placed in the freezer, and then placed back into the bottle to keep cold drinks cold. That is at least the theory, which I haven't had a chance to test in practice, but it should be fun.

Of course, the big reason why I bought this piece of merchandise is the Pokémon connection. And the presence of that is marked by the Pikachu art on the side of the bottle, which features a rarely-seen pose of Pikachu, plus some electric sparks to complete the impression. Apart from this, there's nothing else that sets this bottle apart as being distinctively Pokémon. Also, I'm sure that there are other versions of this bottle with different Pokémon, but it seems only the Pikachu stock was left. Had I had more to spare, I might stand to get the others as well. It is what it is.

What I like about this bottle is that it is useful, since I have another object that can carry fluids. It is also neatly designed due to the supposed cooling function provided by the freezable insert. But most of all, it has a Pokémon touch, which satiates my fascination with everything about this series and franchise. I'm thrilled that I bought this item and I look forward to using it as intended while showing off some Pokémon style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.