Monday, April 23, 2018

(A Late) Local Ex-Raid, 4/23/2018

Wouldn't you know it, it's time for another local Ex-Raid. But this one's a bit different from the previous ones. While the previous ones were held within the late morning to the late afternoon, this one was held in the evening at 6 PM; in my locale, sunset is typically at 5:30 PM or so, and thus any time after that practically falls in the evening. Such is the case for this Ex-Raid. A fellow raid mate told me that this brings back memories of when Ex-Raids and therefore Mewtwo first appeared in my locale, as it was also held at the same time. This becomes an interesting footnote.

For this one, there were a few less participants, but that doesn't make it unnecessary to coordinate. In fact, coordination still becomes the key, as this is needed to ensure that everyone makes it to the end and gets a chance to capture Mewtwo. There was a chance that some people had problems entering the raid or got held back and had to arrive late, and based on the discussions I overheard, this was still the case. In the case of this Ex-Raid, I was placed into a later group; in previous Ex-Raids, I was typically part of the first (or only) group. Things have changed since the previous ones, as I'm now at a higher level and there are many more players that take part. Coordination therefore has to account for this.

The result of coordination is, of course, more efficient usage of our resources and better chances at Mewtwo. In fact, for this one, the battle was smooth - I helped to inflict damage on Mewtwo without using up all my Pokémon - and the capture was the same case, as I got Mewtwo within only a couple of throws. However, the Mewtwo I got this time was a bit subpar, though it may still be workable as it is. There may be better ones that await later on, and I certainly have those from previous ones.

By the way, I didn't cosplay today. Aside from not having any costumes that I can feasibly wear for the occasion, I wanted to try something different. In the past, I had bought a neatly though oddly designed shirt, one of two Pokémon-related ones. Since back then I wasn't playing Go, I wasn't sure if I could find an occasion to wear it. Now that Go is active and flourishing, I finally had a great occasion to wear this. I complemented this with black shorts for an all-black look.

Everyone's busy with Mewtwo.
I'm below the person in white between the birdhouses.

On the whole, this Ex-Raid was still effortless for me and my raid group. It's also a good thing that I got to experience what things must have been like when Mewtwo first appeared, with an Ex-Raid this late in the day. That seems to be a good memory for some, and to experience it becomes a good thing and a good memory for me too, one that I'll remember for some time to come, even as Ex-Raids proceed.

One year ago: Luffy and Infernape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.