Sunday, April 15, 2018

Cosplay: GAME - Games Animation Marketplace and Exhibition

[AshKetchumMode]

OK, so the event or convention - more like the second than the first - that my friend sent me to today is a bit different, but a lot of it is the same too. It seems to be a new one, since my friend didn't know about it before. A lot of the things here seem to be taken from games, which I'm sure my friend knows about. It's not hard to tell why they named it GAME, but it's a good thing it's more than that. We are lucky that it has cosplay, which lets me come.

Today I came with my Hoenn outfit, just to make things different. My friend likes this one a lot, and I do too. It's been a long time since I and my friend agreed to wear this outfit, and we're glad to use it again. I chose to be in the character parade because it's simple and we couldn't come up with a single performance in time. But maybe things are not so simple after all. After I and the other characters walked in a parade - actually a parade with us walking in a line - then we performed on stage briefly. I think I did well, and even the people watching responded well. Sadly, I didn't get to find out who won because my time was short. I'm sure things will be OK.

The rest of the convention was like many of the other ones my friend sent me to. I saw things to collect and also promotions, communities, and food. The place for it also just happens to be the same from a major one two months ago, which is so neat. But you know what's really different? The convention is free! Usually when something is held in the place, the entry fee is often expensive, but this time, it wasn't; everyone got in for no money. But I did have to pay to get in the parade, which I guess is fair enough. Everything's still neat.

Things wouldn't be much about games if Pokémon wasn't involved, of course. I saw many Pokémon collectibles, and I was able to get a cheap one for my friend, which I think he would like very much. On one of the walls, there was a Pokémon challenge with one of the games, and I'm sure he can complete the challenge. And then I saw a booth with odd plants, and one of them looks like a Victreebel - they even had a picture of Victreebel on the side! Haha. So some people may know at least something else about Pokémon.

There's something that my friend (and his friends) say after a game with others, and that is "good game, well played". I know I played the game somewhat well today, no matter how things turn out. The people at the convention also played the game well enough, and that makes me happy. I'm sure my friend is too. Right, Pikachu?

Pikachu: Pikachu! (enthusiastic)

[/AshKetchumMode]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.