Wednesday, April 25, 2018

I'll Be... The One

I'll be the one
Who will make all your sorrows undone
I'll be the light
When you feel like there's nowhere to run
I'll be the one...
-- "The One", Backstreet Boys

A lot of things in Pokémon are inherently tied to success. There's success in becoming the greatest Trainer, Breeder, Ranger, and so on and so forth. I've come to the conclusion that whatever one wills in or with Pokémon (certainly for the good of everyone), it may just be achievable. And that makes me think of this song by a popular boy band. Sure, a lot of it's about love, but for me it's much more than that, especially with Pokémon in tow.

I've already discussed something to this effect in regard to being different with Pokémon, so with this song, it could be considered an extension of that. Pokémon is different things to different people, and it's certainly not a single game series anymore. So, the fact is that this "being different" still rings true, and even more so when success is brought back into the equation. It makes me feel good that I can do many things with Pokémon and that any fan has the chance to do the same.

As for being "the one", that may be up to the interpretation of the individual fan. If anything concerning Pokémon really appeals, then it may be worth to put in effort for that thing, though it is certainly welcomed to extend the reach to different Pokémon things. Personally, I also think it is romantic and befitting that this matter can also be extended to the characters within the lore of Pokémon things, creature or otherwise, who may have greater-good aspirations of their own. Both of these are certainly wonderful.

I've made my strides of and for success, and the same can be considered for my fellow fans, as well as those within the lore of Pokémon. That success seems to go hand-in-hand with love and attraction, for which this song is so linked to. It's a great picture that will continue to remind me of this song as we make our Pokémon aspirations one step closer to reality.

It is my wish that when it comes to Pokémon, we all can be "the one".

One year ago: Shuffling in Alola

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.