Monday, April 16, 2018

Pokémon Go Community Day, 4/15/2018

For those who are wondering, yes, yesterday's convention coincided with this month's edition of Community Day for Pokémon Go. Perhaps a lot of things did, in fact, but I chose (or was prompted to choose) the convention over several things. And yet, the convention also afforded the opportunity to passably play through Community Day... even without the actual support of community fellows. But even then, we managed to support each other with our channels of communication during the game event.

As has always been the case, the event features a special Pokémon and its Shiny form, a select move, and special bonuses. They are in order Mareep, Dragon Pulse (for when it is evolved to Ampharos), and accelerated egg hatching among others. Remarkably, this is the first Community Day with a second-generation Pokémon and therefore one outside of the first generation, which Go started out life with. It becomes interesting now that all the players were "herding sheep", so to speak.

Unfortunately, for this edition, we in my raid group were once again split up. Notably, the person who I first met set up Lure Modules just like for February's edition and walked around. The rest of the others were split in different parts, including myself, obviously. Even so, the person managed to draw a good group and many there was successful, capturing multiple Shiny Mareep and evolving a good number too; I kind of wish I was there, but it seems things happen for a certain reason. Also, it seemed that at the start of the event things were not quite smooth as Mareep didn't seem to appear, so guess what? That's right, the event got extended like in February, but only for one hour instead of three to make up for the "Slow Start". Good things seem to happen when unexpected.

And since I cosplayed yesterday (and did indeed play while in cosplay), what better than to have the character explain how things turned out for me.

[AshKetchumMode]

Hey, herding sheep is actually fun! My friend didn't gave me much to work with, but it still was nice. Thanks to his help, I set up a Lure Module within the convention, and that helped a lot. I got quite a lot of Mareep, and even some on the way with a little help - even the first one I got was Shiny! I wish things were a little better, 'cause I think the convention messed up this event a bit for me and I didn't get any Shiny Mareep after the first one. It's a good thing the event got extended by a bit so I can get more Mareep and more Candies for later. I'd love to see if I can get in again next time!

[/AshKetchumMode]

Thanks, Ash; I'll see what I can do. I got a lot of Mareep as a result of this. It seems I may need to herd them again to decide which ones to actually keep, and so the "sheep-herding" continues.

One year ago: Dialectics

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.