Sunday, March 1, 2020

Cosplay: March Funtastico

Me: Remember a certain theme event - one of two - with a certain suggestion of "love"?

Ash: That was OK. I had some fun?

Me: Then you won't mind being sent to this one, right? It's a follow-up to that.

Ash: Awesome!

Pikachu: Pika chu! ["Looks neat!"]

Me: But first, I need you to pay a visit to my figure fellows. They happen to be in my area for the usual meeting today, and it's worth it since I missed the last one.

Ash: That was after you sent me to sing with a great band, right?

Me: Exactly! I was bummed that I couldn't do something more, and now they're in my area for a change. Plus, I suggested the meeting place for them. How'd it go?

Ash: It was really great to see them! They had some new things to show off. I guess you couldn't get me to bring something else?

Me: No, I wish I could, but most of my Pokémon stuff are still "waiting a destination", so to speak. But I can bring you, and they and I consider us a "living figure".

Ash: Yeah, I guess you're right. Maybe it's great that there is an event today, so I can come instead. Haha.

Pikachu: Pi pika! Pika pika! ["Haha! Right you are!"]

Me: Figures aside, there is still this event to deal with. I think you know how to get there.

Ash: I did get there, thanks to the directions you gave me. It was the same, but a little different.

Me: OK, great. Speaking of that, I'm not going to be pretentious. It's the same people, same event, same place, and same competition, only with a different name and different time. How was it?

Ash: Well, it was as you said. It was all like the last time, even if things were different. You sent me with my Kalos outfit today for a change, but many characters were the same. I had a bit of a problem with getting things set up, but it was fine from then out.

Me: And the parade?

Ash: The parade was earlier, but that's good.

Me: Yes, at least that's a good intent. They said they didn't want to keep people for too long.

Ash: But the results were still announced a bit late because of the other competitions.

Me: Huh. Anyway, how were the results?

Ash: There were 20 or so characters, and only eight won. I didn't.

Pikachu: Pika. ["Too bad. "]

Me: Regrets. There must have been a few predictable winners and some unpredictable ones.

Ash: You could say that.

Me: Hmm. By the way, I have to admit, I asked you to go on another little "assignment". How'd that go?

Ash: I got a little bit wet because of that, but it was OK. I got you a few things.

Me: That should be good, aside from you getting wet. I think this was still a good day for this event - even if it wasn't too major - and the other things alongside it.

Ash: I would say I agree. I didn't mind having a bit of fun.

Pikachu: Pika! ["Agreed!"]

Me: That seems to be the utmost importance, as "fantastic" as part of the title of this event.

One year ago: In Living Galar
Two years ago: Can't Get Enough of Pokémon (and Pikachu) Stickers
Three years ago: Posters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.