Saturday, February 29, 2020

It's Leap Year Day!

Today is an odd day, but a special one. It is of course Leap Year Day, which is a rare occasion indeed, happening about once in every four years. It's hardly anything special in relation to Pokémon, apart from the fact that it may be two days after its anniversary in the years that contain this day. But add back this blog, and now there is something special to connect them, which is why I've chosen to commemorate the day with this post and to connect it with Pokémon.

Some Pokémon games that contain some kind of mechanism for catching Pokémon may also keep records regarding when certain ones are caught, and that may be considered as an impetus to catch quite a few of them on this day to preserve the date as a record, if nothing else. Notably, it's also the first time for Pokémon Go, as it was launched on a leap year, but somewhat way past it. If one desires, then it's really the time to catch a few Pokémon for the posterity of saving the occasion as a record.

In regard to numerology, the numbers that are important of this date are 2 and 29. Concatenating them in two ways results in the numbers 229 and 292. All these numbers correspond to the Pokémon species of Ivysaur, female Nidoran, Houndoom, and Shedinja, and thus they could be considered the representative species of this day. These are all also quite diverse in terms of abilities, types, and evolution stages. Sure, they might not mean much by way of coincidence, but it's hard to say otherwise even if they aren't. I'd like to think that things are neat the way they are.

And then it's back to this blog. When I started things over three years ago, I had some inkling that I would eventually be able to get to this point, and today I have. It is as neat as it is surreal. It feels like I've attained an interesting achievement in regard to discussions related to Pokémon. And yet, there are still more interesting achievements that I've yet to attain through the posts on this blog, and it would be neat if I would be able to attain them somehow. It seems apt for me to continue posting as I make my way to attain them.

As I've said above, today is both odd and special, as a day that comes along every few years. Even with that odd and special quality, there is a sense that it's still yet another ordinary day. But then again, I've been able to interpret those ordinary days as something more, especially with Pokémon as something that fills those days. And so it goes for this Pokémon fan, who lives each day filling it up with as much Pokémon as possible and seeing what comes out, even on this oddly special day.

Happy Leap Year Day.

Since it's Leap Year Day, there are no posts from previous years. But feel free to check out posts from February 28 (yesterday) or March 1 (tomorrow).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.