Monday, February 24, 2020

Pokémon Go Community Day, 2/22/2020

Me: OK, so two days ago you stated that you rounded up lots of Rhyhorn. It wouldn't be for anything else other than this - an additional "assignment" while you're on "assignment".

Ash: Hey, why not? I like Rhyhorn, and I think many people like it too! In Kalos, you can even ride on one.

Pikachu: Pika pika! ["Sure enough!"]

Me: Well, that's true. As for the story of many people liking Rhyhorn, this was really how this one worked out. For this one, at the end of last month, people were given a choice of four possible Pokémon, with Dratini, Machop, and Vulpix (both Kanto and Alolan) as the other possible choices. A few weeks ago, they were able to vote on what should appear, and many people voted for Rhyhorn. So that's what we had.

Ash: That's interesting! The others must have had some support too.

Me: Indeed. Some were actually hoping for Dratini, though it wouldn't be exactly a repeat of two years ago (see below), and there was good support for Machop and Vulpix as possibly unique Pokémon for this treatment. But most - and I have to say I myself as well - really wanted Rhyhorn, so things worked out well.

Ash: That's neat. OK, so Rhyhorn, and its evolved forms Rhydon and Rhyperior, are Rock and Ground types. So the special move for Rhyperior had to have been something great.

Me: You bet. It's a new move called Rock Wrecker, a Rock-type move. As you and I both know, special moves that suit its type are always workable and in demand. It just works.

Ash: Of course, I know I'm getting a Shiny Rhyhorn and the others, but I'm also getting something else.

Me: That something else is triple Stardust for each capture, which means Star Pieces need to be used to gain an advantage. Well, that's enough of the specifics - how'd things work out this time around?

Ash: It was really a challenge this time. The place had only three PokéStops and a Gym, and they were all kind of far. I thought there would be more since the place is supposed to be active. I set up two of your Lure Modules on two PokéStops with some distance between them - I hope you don't mind.

Me: No, I don't. This is why I keep a handful of spare Lure Modules for occasions like these. You did use the Star Pieces, right? Anything else?

Ash: I did! But I also spaced things out because of the parade and all. I also thought an Incense would help, so I used just one at the beginning. That one you don't seem to have as many.

Me: No, I don't. But it's totally fine. They beg to be used.

Ash: Anyway, I got a ton of Rhyhorn for you, and I even got four Shiny ones! They look really nice, but their stats may be all over the place.

Me: Don't worry about it. How many did you evolve for me?

Ash: I evolved three - one with a low CP and one with a high CP, and the Shiny form with OK stats. I used your supply of Sinnoh Stones for those.

Me: I think they'll all work; in fact, that first one may have had a role yesterday. And that's a good use of my spare Sinnoh Stones. If I didn't have spare Stones, I could have battled other Trainers for rankings instead and I could still have gotten a few. But the spares should have been more than sufficient.

Ash: I'm glad you got me all set up so I can do this even if the place wasn't too good. I thought about it, and I also put in a request for a good spot nearby that could be turned into a PokéStop. Maybe it'll help people later on.

Me: I hope so too. Also, I guess you couldn't find others playing, not like in January?

Ash: No, but someone did set up a Mossy Lure Module next to one of yours, but I couldn't find the person. Pikachu, you also looked for the person, right?

Pikachu: Pika, pika pika chu. ["I did, not a soul."]

Ash: Yeah, it was kind of sad.

Me: It's not something to get worked up over, but at the same time, it could be considered cowardly of the person. All that matters now is the plenty of Rhyhorn that you got for me.

Ash: Sure! I had fun with the parade and with this to fill the time. It filled your time, I guess?

Me: Yes, it's a good time filler. Although, perhaps next time I want to fill my own time instead of filling in the time of an event.

Ash: If you can't, I'll still help out.

Me: OK. That should be still good to some extent, like it was this time.

One year ago: Don't Forget Our Roots
Two years ago: Pokémon Go Community Day, 2/24/2018
Three years ago: Memories of Johto

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.