Monday, February 10, 2020

On (No) Coincidences

In my area, there is a popular public figure who says that the person doesn't believe in coincidences. The person instead stated that everything that is pleasurably excellent came about as a result of prior planning, whether by human or divine sources - no coincidences are ever involved. I'm inclined to believe that this may be the case for many of the things that I do or experience, including some of my Pokémon ones. It seems appropriate if I take this post in order to flesh out how that might be the case.

Over the years, I've had the experience of being exposed to many Pokémon things. Even if I didn't ask for it, I seem to always be exposed to it. I've obviously taken that in stride and continued to enjoy Pokémon as I should. Some people might be tempted to say that these exposures have been coincidental, that I only happened to be exposed to them and then enjoyed them afterwards. However, I am convinced they're not coincidental, and that I was meant to enjoy them. The fact is that this has occurred similarly with other things, but I didn't connect with them; it was only with Pokémon things that I did. That seems to be hardly a coincidence.

On the level of personal relations, I've made quite a few relationships through Pokémon, and unfortunately had a few broken as well. As previously mentioned in that post, based on my musings with a friend, we decided that some things are meant to be. It's hard to call them as "coincidences" ex post facto; surely the ones who stay are really the ones for me, and the ones who go are the ones that do not concern me - or maybe even Pokémon for that matter. The ones who I can enjoy being with in addition to Pokémon are meant to be, and the "no-coincidence" matter stands.

All this talk about coincidences remind me of a song, or rather a piece of music, which had been commented with regard to the matter. The comment states that as people come and sometimes eventually go, there are no coincidences, and this too applies to the "aces", the ones good at certain things. With regard to Pokémon, I'm an "ace" regarding some things and not others, but I've also met other "aces", for Pokémon or otherwise, of pretty much the same situation. The way we've been able to have meetings of minds goes superficially beyond our encounters, and I'm sure that's no coincidence either.

In a way, I'm sure that public figure is right. There may not be any place for coincidences in this world, and I'm sure there is an order, human or divine, that governs the really good things in our lives. The really good thing in my life as well as that of others is of course Pokémon, and a lot of it just seems to be meant to be, especially by the order of how things are to play out. With the way things are, I'm sure the case for Pokémon has been totally ordained as with everything else; as for coincidence, I wouldn't think of it.

One year ago: Cosplay: Tresno no Matsuri
Two years ago: Hoenn (Fully) Confirmed on Go
Three years ago: Space

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.