Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Pocket Monsters Best Wishes Partners Figure - Satoshi


I'm not a fervent collector of figures, but I do have some admiration for them. So when I was offered this figure for a low price, I took the offer, and now I'm proud to have this one in my possession. I love anything related to Ash (Satoshi), and this one definitely fits the bill. As you might be able to tell, this is a figure of Ash in his fifth generation (Unova) outfit, and it comes complete with his trusty partner Pikachu. It's a classic combination to be sure.

This figure comes in three pieces: Ash, Pikachu, and the base. To assemble it, you connect Ash to the base, then you put Pikachu on his right shoulder. That part is really cleverly designed; if you look at Ash closely, it doesn't seem that there would be a place to put Pikachu on, but there is actually a small recess in the folds of Ash's hood, and one of Pikachu's limbs, which is slightly elongated, fits into the recess, while Ash's stretched right arm acts as a saddle for Pikachu. The beauty of this is that the figure still looks pretty from all angles even if you decide not to put Pikachu on Ash's shoulder.

The figure I have is not brand-new, and there are tell-tale "stains" on Ash's outerwear, which is not easily seen in the photo above; even so, I don't really care. What matters is that it's still Ash and Pikachu, and it looks so awesome. For the time being, though, I'll leave the figure alone in the box - I don't have a display space for it yet and I'm interested in keeping everything intact, including the box. The box itself already has a window for the figure, so that is another perfect excuse. Once I do have a display space, this figure is definitely going to be put up.

This particular figure is just too cool from its design and looks, which makes it equally too cool to not show it off. If you really, really like Ash as much as I do, you'll enjoy having and displaying this figure too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.