Sunday, February 19, 2017

Let's Get Ready to Rumble

Another series of Pokémon games that I like is the Pokémon Rumble series. Once again my friend-and-fellow-Pokémon-fan has a role in this; it was him who introduced me to its first installment on the 3DS, and I've been hooked ever since. It was a good thing that Rumble made its way to the 3DS, since the game is definitely better as a portable title rather than staying on the Wii as its original iteration.

The game features Pokémon battling, but in a much different way; instead of one-on-one or few-on-few as in the main series, the battles are one-on-many, or what some gamers call smash-and-dash. Moves are simplified to just two per Pokémon, and the major indicator of the strength of a Pokémon is a single number, akin to the CP in Pokémon Go. The venues of play are areas with lots of enemy Pokémon, plus a boss battle at the end.

I'm not quite adept at games in this genre, but I've been able to play through the main storyline in Rumble Blast, the first installment on the 3DS, and getting somewhat far in Rumble World, the second installment. I seem to be hitting the walls of my limits and having a hard time advancing further. Should I have a significant chunk of time, I'll devote some of it to playing Rumble again.

If you are interested in playing Rumble, I recommend playing Rumble World rather than Rumble Blast as the former is updated with the sixth generation, including Mega Evolutions. You may also need to (and I recommend that you) spend eShop balance for Poké Diamonds, something that I can't do at the moment; I'm sure your experience will be different as having more Poké Diamonds allows you to get better enhancements and features. On the other hand, only Rumble Blast has true multiplayer play, so only get Rumble Blast if you are interested in that. I have Rumble Blast as a physical cartridge and Rumble World as a digital download.

Pokémon Rumble is great for those who want to play Pokémon with an experience that is not too distant from the main series, or as a refresher from that. Either way, it's a unique and worthwhile game series for any Pokémon fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.