Sunday, March 5, 2017

I'm Swept Away

Outside of Pokémon, one of my significant interests is in spiritual-instrumental music, or what some people call "new age" music, though some of the artists usually tagged as producing such music dispute and/or reject this labeling. However it is called, there are some pretty good music that comes out of this genre or category. And wouldn't you know it, some of this music also takes me back into Pokémon.

I've been on a BW series binge - reminiscing with the BW anime series - and watching the episodes therein. One of the episodes I watched was the bridge-and-Gothitelle episode (episode 681), and at the end when Ash and company entered Castelia City for the first time, a feeling of inspiration came up. It prompted me to be reminded of and to play "Swept Away", an instrumental piece by Yanni, which was one of the pieces that he included as part of his Acropolis concert. However, I was reminded of the original version rather than its extended live version with numerous solos in the middle. Regardless, it could be said that I was "swept away", as suggested by the title of the music.

Does this "sweep you away"?
I love that this kind of personal moment just seems to spontaneously occur. It's one of many I have with "new age" music and Pokémon, and it's something I feel pleasant to share.

I'm swept away. Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.