Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Posters

I like posters as they can be neat pieces of wall art for a personal space. I like Pokémon posters even more because they show off what I like. However, at the moment, I currently do not have any Pokémon posters, not even the space to put them up. While I was in the U.S., though, I did have some that I put up on the walls of my room. Fortunately I still have vivid memories of those, so I want to post about them while I still remember.

Interestingly, the posters came either from game guides or game magazines. Three of those contained all the Pokémon in the regional Pokédexes from the first, second, and third generation games, in their exact order. So I had one poster for Red, Blue, and Yellow with the first 150 Pokémon (minus Mew), one poster for Gold and Silver - Crystal hadn't appeared yet when I got this one - with all 251 of the first and second generation Pokémon as they would be ordered in the Johto Dex, and one poster with the 202 Pokémon of the Hoenn Dex, save for Jirachi and Deoxys, which hadn't been divulged at the time. These were nice to look at and served as memorization tools for the Pokémon of the games, so I liked them for that.

There were also two others for the second-generation games that were more artsy, just displaying the "box legends" of the games against an abstract background of appropriate tone colors, with motifs of all the other Pokémon in the game. One poster was for Gold and Silver with Ho-Oh and Lugia, and the other was for Crystal with Suicune. Admittedly they're pretty simple designs, but sometimes simple is best, and that is definitely true in this case and also why I like them.

I'm a little disappointed that I didn't have the chance to take these posters with me, but then again I would have struggled to find room for them on my walls, so I kind of lucked out. Even so, I feel nostalgic for these posters, and wish that I could have something to put up. I'm open to new poster designs should I find them, though, so should I find something attractive of the right size, they're definitely going up on my walls... and on here as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.