Tuesday, March 7, 2017

To Be Continued... maimai ORANGE (PLUS)

Outside of Pokémon, another genre of games that I play is rhythm, or music games. One of these games that I play (and have gotten somewhat good playing it) is maimai, which is developed by Sega. For the uninitiated, maimai involves a circular playfield where taps, holds, and slides come at you and you hit or do them in time with the music. It's a fun game once you learn how to master it. Incidentally, there is a a small link between this game (or one of its versions) and the Pokémon anime.

As I've been re-watching the BW series, I've noticed that the font for the "To Be Continued" message that appears at the end of practically every episode suspiciously looks like the song title font in the ORANGE (PLUS) version of maimai. After much examination, I've determined that they are, in fact, the same. Have a look:

From the Pokémon anime.
From maimai ORANGE (PLUS).

The tell-tale parts from the above are the "e", "t", and "C", which are definitely the same. The rest of the letters have similar curvature. An even more detailed shot is shown below.



As for the font itself, it's something I've had difficulty finding. Furthermore, I'm told it's a paid font, which means not just anyone has access to it. By that fact alone, I'm not too concerned about finding it.

It's such a tiny thing, but it is also a wonderful thing to behold. And perhaps in the future, maimai will have even more links to Pokémon than just a simple font.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.