Wednesday, July 5, 2017

I Side with Pokémon

These friends keep talking way too much
Sayin' I should give you up
Can't hear them no, cause I...
I've been here all night
I've been here all day
And boy, you got me walking side to side...
-- "Side to Side", Ariana Grande feat. Nicki Minaj

Sometimes I get the feeling that people are trying to move me away from Pokémon. They try to convince me that something is just as good, if not better than Pokémon. While I'm open to new things (certainly with some reservations), I'm ultimately the judge of whether I'm suited for them or not. And no matter how they turn out in my view, I feel that they cannot be a substitute for Pokémon. In effect Pokémon is "irreplaceable" for me, and that is what prompted me to think of the lyrics for the above recent major hit.

Pokémon makes me do strange things, but then anything that people are a fan of can make them do strange things, so Pokémon is no different. Still, Pokémon also makes me do good things, and that's the "side to side" I'm feeling. Regardless of whatever I do, Pokémon is still there, so I'm not convinced that I should "give it up", even when other people try to (seemingly) talk me into it. And this is how the song resonates for me and Pokémon as something that I like very much.

Thus Pokémon in a way is by my side. It's not something that I can trade for other things; other things may come and go, but what is clear is that Pokémon remains with me. I may move from "side to side" due to my attraction to Pokémon, but it's a good movement with good feelings, and there is no replacement for that, or Pokémon for that matter. I side with Pokémon, and I'm all right with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.