Friday, July 21, 2017

My Favorite LINE Pokémon Stickers So Far

I've had the chance to use the new LINE Pokémon sticker packs that I've gotten recently and the others since I got them way back. While I haven't taken to use every single one of the stickers, I've tried to use as many of them as possible, and from that, a few clear favorites have emerged. I can't possibly list them all in one post, but I can discuss a few that I like the most. And for me, these are the few that I'm enamored with the most right now:

1. "Teary" Pikachu (from Team Rascal Pikachu) - This sticker also serves as the "display" sticker for the sticker pack. The sticker is supposed to represent a feeling of sadness, but since the art style is comical - what with the word "Teary" itself in big letters emblazoned in front of Pikachu in the English version of the sticker - I just can't help making a saddened smile. A few of my friends on LINE have taken to use the sticker very often, and I have become fond of it as a result. I foresee using it often in ironic situations.

2. "OK" (from various packs) - "OK" appears to be a frequent message communicated in the Pokémon sticker packs, and different Pokémon appear to carry the message; Charmander does it in the Animated Stickers and the Chat Pals pack, while Pelipper does it (worded as "Roger!") in the Team Rascal Pikachu pack. Likewise, Inkay does it in the animated pack, Popplio does it for Chat Pals, and Eevee does it for Pixel Artwork. I love all these different interpretations.

3. "Oh dear" Vulpix-Alola (from Team Rascal Pikachu) - Like the "Teary" sticker above, what communicates the message in this sticker is the words "Oh dear" in big letters above Vulpix-Alola. It looks like Vulpix-Alola is "innocent" or concerned in a funny way, aided by the comical art style itself. I've just used it to express a slight concern and will use this whenever the mood strikes.

4. "Seriously?" (from Pikachu's Lively Voiced Stickers) - For this sticker, Pikachu says "Pi? Pika...?" in a long, drawn-out manner, and it has a suspicious expression. The word "Seriously?" appears at the end of the animation. It's a cute kind of suspicion, though, and I'll use it to add lightheartedness in that way.

5. "Question" Bulbasaur (from Pokémon Animated Stickers) - Really. Seeing Bulbasaur scratch its head with one of its vines with a "?" thought bubble is just plain funny, yet it does deliver a sense of wonder as well. I approve of this Pokémon-mimicking-human thing, and if it looks like my head is worth a scratch, then I'll use this to express that.

Three things seem to be in common by this selection of favorite stickers: comical, cute, and funny. If the situation warrants any of these feelings in addition to the very message that the stickers communicate, then I'll definitely use them for that reason. In any case, these are stickers that I will certainly continue to use as I communicate with friends on LINE, while bringing in a Pokémon flavor and certainly those three things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.