Monday, July 10, 2017

My Trusty NDS and Pokémon Games

Before I had my 3DS Pikachu LE, I had my NDS Lite - and I still have it up to today, in working condition no less. It's not a limited edition of any kind; it's just a regular dark blue edition. It's actually a family gift which I highly appreciate, and I enjoy playing all kinds of Pokémon games on it.


I was gifted the NDS Lite with a case and a strap, which is fortunate considering there might have been the thought that the NDS Lite is going to be for long-term use, which turns out to be true as I can still play it today. The logo sticker is a somewhat new addition courtesy of a friend, just so I don't forget my roots.

The first time I played the NDS Lite, I didn't play a DS game on it, though. I used it as a spare GBA system since I can play GBA games through the second slot, a feature that would be deprecated when the DSi came out. So that meant continuing all my adventures on Sapphire, Fire Red, and Emerald while I was in the process of obtaining an NDS Pokémon game. That game would come to be Diamond as a main series game, followed by Platinum, SoulSilver, White, and Black 2 as my main series selections.

Of course, those are not all the Pokémon games for the NDS, as there are other Pokémon games besides the main series games. It was with the NDS that I really branched out to other Pokémon games besides the main series - Trozei, Ranger, and Mystery Dungeon are just some of the games that I played on my NDS Lite.

As a precursor to today's 3DS Pokémon games, the NDS Pokémon games are all respected classics in their own regard, and I'm glad I had the chance to play them. With this NDS Lite of mine, I hope to revisit them every so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.