Sunday, April 8, 2018

(Continuing the) Local Ex-Raid, 4/8/2018

One good thing about Ex-Raids is that once it occurs in a Gym, it is pretty much guaranteed to be able to occur there again. A few days after the last Ex-Raid, the Gym became active again and furnished Lugia raids, which I and my raid group took advantage of. Not many of us got a Shiny Lugia, but in addition to the opportunity, we did get Ex-Raid invites in return. Our time and effort spent was thus still worth it, as it allowed for greater things.

Speaking of greater things, this particular Ex-Raid was supposed to have over 100 participants, but some ended up bowing out due to certain concerns. As if that wasn't enough, there were many celebrations around my locale due to the anniversary of its founding. That meant a lot of traffic jams and diversions even around the place of the Ex-Raid, not to mention elsewhere in the area. Fortunately a good number of those that got invites did make it, which is a good thing.

As before, the battle proceeded smoothly and efficiently with nary a hitch. What makes things different is that this time I succeeded again in capturing Mewtwo; when the first couple of balls missed or failed to hold on to Mewtwo, I was quite nervous, but then one well-executed throw managed to sequester Mewtwo in a Premier Ball. The CP and stats were quite good too - even better than the previous Mewtwo that didn't make it; it was kind of a "payback" for that time. Oh, and my success is Red's success, as I cosplayed again so that we could both seal the deal. He has something to say too.

[RedMode]
Thanks. Now I can finally say that I've captured Mewtwo, and I've fulfilled the promise made last time. It is because of your help and the others' help that we got to this point and succeeded. I may or may not return for another time, but I'm satisfied that I - or we - can capture Mewtwo this time. I wish you success on other times while I wait for the chance to go to other events. I'm sure they'll be great too.
[/RedMode]

[Red] That's me, in the middle.
[Me] Isn't it nice how things look similar?

There you have it. Even if things won't be too different for the next Ex-Raid, I may try to change things slightly to make things interesting. Also in regard to changing things up, there's been talk about trying again to make a second Ex-Raid available in my locale, as in my neighboring area, it was reported that more than one Gym is available for it. I'm all for this, and I certainly will continue to participate and report on local Ex-Raids regardless.

One year ago: On the Road Again

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.