Sunday, March 8, 2020

Pokémon Conferences?

An interesting thing happened at the second of two events I visited the other day. The event had a presentation, or it could be called a "conference" of sorts, specifically for Pokémon Go. It was neat, even more so because I unexpectedly though gladly became involved in it. That leads me to think that similar "conferences" can be held for all other things Pokémon. It's a fascinating idea that deserves to be fleshed out further for its possibilities, for which I want to take this post to do.

Arguably, such "conferences" can already be said to exist, in the form of the World Championships for all the important Pokémon games, as well as Pokémon Go Fest for Pokémon Go. But these are more tournaments rather than they are "conferences" proper. What I'm thinking of is a proper way for fans (as well as official people) to get together and discuss, present, share, collaborate, and so on and so forth about Pokémon, moreover if it becomes officially supported and sanctioned. It's likely something that few game franchises have.

Something that resembles my general idea can be seen in last year's World Championships. I saw an image of a live discussion forum with some people majorly related to Pokémon, one of which is someone who my fellow local Pokémon fans, especially of the main series, particularly look up to. From this, it can be ascertained that the person is involved with serious Pokémon affairs where I am, if the person's presence in various local Pokémon-related affairs doesn't already make things evident. Something like this may be included and further expanded in the "conference".

If a true "conference" can occur somehow, then it becomes obvious that I would like to partake in it. With this blog, I obviously want to represent myself as a blogger, or even a writer if greater Pokémon endeavors in this regard can be realized. Of course, I also want to represent myself as a Pokémon fan who wishes to contribute somehow to all Pokémon fans no matter where they are, and I would say that is a noble goal for any fan to others. The "conference" would make the perfect venue.

A "conference" might sound like an odd thing for Pokémon, which constitutes games and therefore action with them, rather than discussion. However, as I've expressed many times over and is rather obvious, Pokémon is many things today with games and beyond. If there is something that what happened yesterday and in the past can indicate, it may be that there is still some room for discussions about Pokémon and all of its related things to take place. I'm sure that can mean further action with them.

One year ago: Add Hope and Tears...
Two years ago: Cultivate or Gather Berries?
Three years ago: Pokémon and Music Games

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.