Friday, May 15, 2020

Coming Full Circle

There are many things that I like in addition to Pokémon, as some of the posts on this blog indicate. I take them up in order to take a "breather" from Pokémon. But no matter what I do, I find myself coming back to Pokémon not just by my own free will, but the will of those things, quite seemingly. This becomes a fascinating phenomenon, one that can be described by a term. That term is "to come full circle".

The standard definition of the term is "to return to the starting point". A common additional stipulation for this term is that one expects or intends to do so, rather than to depart and never come back. The term has connections with other terms that contain the word "circle", such as "closing the circle", which means to refer back to the beginning to make an ending, or in other words "to wrap up". The main term for this post is exactly what happens with me and Pokémon. I seem to go off on tangents, yet I still manage to return to Pokémon. 

An example may serve well to illustrate things. When I was watching videos on YouTube, I had found one of the Pokémon videos I referenced in a recent post about them, and decided to browse through other videos that were closely suggested to the ones I've watched. After several videos, I ended up on a Pokémon video that is closely related in topic to that very first video I mentioned. I was "traversing the circle" of closely associated videos and ended up on another that is highly tied to the very first one. Thus, I "came full circle".

This happening may not be regarded as significant by others, especially those who don't have close orientations to Pokémon as I do. For me, however, it does mean quite a bit. It seems highly appropriate that the happening occurs, since Pokémon is what I like. In a way, it tells me that I'm still on the right path, and this would constitute an "affirmation" as well. I am certain that there is something that draws me in and keeps drawing me in, at which point I am compelled to keep enjoying it, or else to let others enjoy it - therefore, this blog.

The primary thing that I like is and remains Pokémon. However, I do (have to) venture to things beyond Pokémon every so often, which could be taken to constitute a relief. I still do come back to Pokémon, and the strangest thing is that it is those things that prompt just that.
With that, I do enjoy going from and coming back to Pokémon in a full circle involving other things I enjoy, and now it's time to close this circle to allow room for other "full circles".

Two years ago: 15 Minutes of Fame
Three years ago: Adventuresome Pikachu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.