Sunday, May 10, 2020

More YouTube Pokémon Highlights

I've lately been interested in browsing through quite a few videos on YouTube, something that in the past I have only done to an occasional extent. That is how I came upon the two videos I mentioned in a post I made about how pervasive Pokémon actually is. As I continue to browse through the videos on YouTube, I also continue to come upon videos with some relation to Pokémon, which satisfy my liking of it. In more recent times, I've come upon a few more videos that relate to Pokémon as much as they relate to life beyond it, which means a variety of things.

In the past, I've already stated that I'm a fan of music or rhythm games and enjoy them to certain extents. One of those games that happen to be under Nintendo's belt is Rhythm Heaven, which could be considered bare-bones and abstract but still can be as tricky as it is fun - I can attest from having played the games. Three creators have been enterprising in creating Rhythm Heaven and Pokémon crossovers, and the results are very neat, combining Pokémon visuals with the antics of Rhythm Heaven. It seems to be an idea that would be great if pursued officially, more so easily since the two are connected by way of Nintendo. I would like it as well because of my appreciation of the former and attachment to the latter.

As much as I like music or rhythm games, I also like music in general as well, which the musical posts on this blog can attest. Piano and ragtime music are two kinds that I enjoy, and needless to say, as a Pokémon fan, I would enjoy them both together. In one video, Tom Brier, a modern ragtime maestro, was put to the test of sight-reading the Game Corner music from the first-generation games and ended up absolutely killing it, applying variations as he played. In another video, a player piano was set up to play "Mezase Pokémon Master", a Japanese Pokémon song that I now enjoy, as a melodic instrumental version. Both videos are by the same creator, who is associated with video games and piano music, and sometimes incorporates them together as with the first video. Both are still nothing short of impressive to me as a Pokémon fan.

Speaking of crossovers with Pokémon, those are nothing new ever since the latter has gained an extensive fandom composed of people with diverse characteristics. Some of those people might also happen to like one of Nintendo's other offerings, which would happen to be Animal Crossing. One creator put together these two in a video by replacing certain AC characters with Pokémon, and the results are enthralling. The visuals look true to the AC games based on what little I've seen of them. I have to admit that I know next to nothing about the AC games due to my primary focus on Pokémon, but if a crossover game was conceived, I could very well consider purchasing it and playing it, thereby also expanding the scope of things that I like.

As it stands, YouTube is indeed something entertaining for everyone, including Pokémon fans like me. One will be able to find many Pokémon-related videos, so the videos I mentioned in this post are the tip of an iceberg - even less than that, actually. But in relation to the pervasiveness of Pokémon as partially the impetus for this post, they are all further indications of that pervasiveness, which makes me glad to be a continued fan. That should also apply to the creators on YouTube, who will surely crank out more videos like these, providing opportunities for me and everyone to become more entertained.

One year ago: Trading Styles
Two years ago: The No's of Go
Three years ago: Site Design

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.