Tuesday, March 21, 2017

GSC Nendoroid Series #425: Red

Good Smile Company makes an amazing series of mini-figures called Nendoroids, and they are extremely popular among fans of Japanese items. As it so happens, they have made some Nendoroids of Pokémon characters, one of them being Red, the main character of the first-generation games for the Kanto League. When I first saw the Red Nendoroid in pictures that show off its appearances, I thought it was quite a captivating figure to have and maybe to fiddle with. But then I decided on something.

I thought that it was an impressively cool figure and all, but then I said to myself that I wasn't going to buy it. I didn't want to become obsessed with hunting for it and then to hand over prodigiously large amounts of money to get it, even though I did develop an admiration for it and thought it would be very, very nice to have it. It was going to be one of those inner desires that I wasn't going to fulfill, if ever. It wouldn't be something that I'd realize, even if given the chance. And...


I take that back. Thanks to that event last Sunday and a well-stationed collection shop, I bought the figure for a low price without even being offered. I saw the figure early on during the event and debated with myself whether or not to buy it before I settled on buying it mid-way through the progress of the event. It's a similar story to the Ash figure I bought last month. Now I have no regrets for having the figure. It's a small yet impressive figure for any fan of Pokémon. Period.

Unlike the Ash figure, this one has a lot more components, including two Poké Balls (one of which is the highly coveted Master Ball), small figures of the starters, a detachable Bag, a stand, and a plethora of interchangeable appendages and faces. I've also been told by a good friend who knows about figures that I need to be delicate with the head, especially when changing the facial expressions. It's certainly a demanding figure in that regard, which is why I'm not assembling or showing off the figure at the moment. And that's a good thing, as I found the plastic spacer for the figure was still sealed. Like the Ash figure, I'll also wait for a proper display space; until then, the sealed figure remains in the box, but even so, the box shows it off nicely with the window in front.

For a figure of a small stature, its details speak volumes, and perhaps even the price elsewhere. If you don't mind working with lots of details and don't mind forking over wads of cash for it, you are certainly welcome to pursue it. Even if you do mind, you might want to get it just because you love all things Pokémon, in particular a big fan of Red, just like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.