Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Bandai Pokémon Sun & Moon Pokémon Lover Mascot 6 - Wobbuffet

Some months ago, I covered a particular gacha item out of a series of similar items, which I received courtesy of a friend. Two days ago, during the Ex-Raid in fact, I received another item out of the same series, but the continuance of it for Sun & Moon. The fact that this series continues must mean that it is quite popular; fans seem to want similar items in similar style. Some consistency may, of course, be appreciated, and that definitely goes for this item.


For this series, the lineup is somewhat different; there's the ever-popular and ever-present Pikachu, along with Ho-Oh, Lugia, Ampharos, Sudowoodo, Wobbuffet (the one I have), Cleffa, and Larvitar. That's quite nice indeed, though with two Legendary Pokémon, it surely becomes more coveted. Substantially, the material appearance of the item is the same - it's a Pokémon image attached to a small chain with a plastic back, similar to some refrigerator magnets - but I have to say that for this one I like Wobbuffet's iconic pose, since it almost seems alive. I say this is well-crafted for this reason.

I should say that I did receive this gacha item in the fashion that it was intended: by gacha, by random draw, though not from a machine. One of my fellow raid mates brought a bag of these items to be given out to anyone who caught a Mewtwo with a high enough CP (which indicates certain high stats as well), and mine qualified. So I took the gacha plunge, and I was rewarded with Wobbuffet, as funny as it seems. It's a random draw, so it is what it is.

In a way, my previous desire of more items from the same series has been fulfilled with this one, even if it's not from the exact sub-series as the previous item. I like them both, and it's not hard to see why. The artistry is so neat that it urges fans and collectors to try to get more. And that's just what I might do, if I were to be given the chance.

One year ago: Evolution Revolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.