Thursday, March 23, 2017

Pokémon Food... For Us

I love food and cooking, as evidenced by my interest in Food Network. I also love Pokémon a lot, which is why I have this blog now. So with the exception of certain food items, for which I have my own reservations, I would most likely love food items in any form featuring Pokémon.

Granted, due to the recreational nature of Pokémon, most of these food items would be in the form of snacks, like candy, chips, and so on. I enjoy these things, but not on a regular basis, not constantly, and in certain specific flavors - the ones which I do not have reservations toward. Consider the following:


I don't know much Japanese, but this is apparently one pack of corn-flavored snacks (likely chips) that is heavily branded with Pikachu. I love anything (roasted) corn-flavored, so I probably would like this snack very much. I say "apparently" and "would like" because I have not actually tried the snack inside the package; I'm ashamed to say that I found the packaging lying around on the floor from the Japanese event last Sunday. What I am NOT ashamed to say is that at least I stopped the waste pile at the event from growing; the packaging looks mostly intact anyhow and it would be such a shame to see something nice as this go to the waste pile. (Don't worry - I've cleaned the packaging thoroughly for storage and collection.) As for the snack itself, I think the taste would be similar to the roasted corn snacks available in my local shops.

Judging from the snack above, it is foreseeable that many Pokémon snacks and food items are found (only) in the Land of the Rising Sun. It follows that if I want to try out these food items and snacks, I would have to do so while I'm in Japan, or else have someone bring these out of Japan. I don't see either of these happening for a foreseeable amount of time, but at least I can hope.

There's nothing wrong with putting Pokémon branding on food; I think for a Pokémon fan, it just makes food that much more enjoyable. If the food item in question warrants it, then it can be an incredibly amusing way to enjoy food. I for one don't mind Pikachu staring at me while I enjoy a bag of corn chips, or anything else for that matter. 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.