Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Movie Manga!

I love Pokémon in all kinds of forms. That, of course, would include manga or Japanese comics, a form I rarely get the chance to enjoy, and in fact, I have never owned any Pokémon manga. Recently, however, I was fortunate to encounter a volume of a Pokémon manga in a rather-distant book shop, and after much thought and consideration, I decided to purchase it. It was too fascinating to pass up and it makes for a good start to my Pokémon manga collection.


It is plainly obvious from the cover that this particular manga volume is based on the Pokémon movie of the same title, only of course with all the frills of a manga. I must admit that at this point I have not had a chance to view the movie to which this manga pertains, but I'm sure the storyline is similar. Regardless, the manga is not a substitute for the movie, and I will have to watch it at the point when I'm able to do so.

Something that I appreciate about manga is that they're as much art as they are about story, and that the former should be enjoyed as much as the latter. To that end, I'm taking it slow with this one and I'm going through the dialogue and panel art in passes. I want to be able to consume both the story and art without doing so rapidly, something that I seem to have trouble doing. It is especially important for this one as this is one particular manga I stand to like more than others.

This remains an interesting manga that incorporates one part of the anime. It's almost like a blending of the two disparate aspects of Pokémon. As the first one I officially own, I'm very pleased to have it. It's one I'll enjoy now and will surely come back to time and again, especially in consideration of what it is based on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.