Friday, December 1, 2017

Poké-Friends and Gratitude

Thanksgiving may have gone past a week ago, but there seems to be always room for saying thanks, appreciation, or gratitude any time... which I sense I should have more of. This is especially more true given something that happened just this Monday with one of my friends, who is a fellow Pokémon fan. On that day, my friend and fellow fan aided me with something that proved pivotal for other Pokémon things later in the week. It is something that I cannot thank him enough for.

However, lately I've been viewing his Facebook page, and I'm feeling like I'm missing something. While I do have social media accounts like Facebook, there are reasons I'm not overly active in them, and one of them is because of this feeling. I suppose that may be because I'm not feeling the gratitude I should be feeling. Yet in light of the events earlier this week, I should be feeling overly grateful.

If you've seen the particular Pokémon movie which became hot this week among me and my fellows, then you'll recall that a part of the movie concerns the feather of Ho-Oh, which Ash received. The lore associated with the feather says that the feather loses its color with anyone whose heart is impure, and this in fact happened - but I can't exactly divulge where, so you'll have to find out. It can be said, then, this situation seems to indicate that "my feather is losing its color", so to speak.

As I've stated repeatedly, I'm not a perfect person, even Pokémon-wise, but that shouldn't be a detriment to keep on loving and appreciating this series. Every fan has their own quirks, and that applies just as well to me and my friend. And we're definitely fans, and we can't ask for much more than that. It goes without saying that this something to appreciate and be grateful about.

So my friend, I'm sorry for feeling this way. With all that's happened, only gratitude and appreciation is the best thing to have. Considering the recently-released movie, this is a very good thing to keep in mind. It is my hope that with this post that I can "return the color of my feather" and realize that as Pokémon fans, we've got great things going in whatever we choose to have and do. That's something to have gratitude for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.