Saturday, December 2, 2017

A Beautiful Symphony

And the birds sing
And the flowers smile
Seeing you comforting my heart
My heart blooms once again
Amused by a symphony
Surely my life will be wonderful

-- "Simfoni yang Indah" ("Beautiful Symphony"), Once Mekel (translated)

Still on the subject of the latest Pokémon movie, I continue to feel a sense of awe and inspiration from it. Some of that comes from this song, which is awe-inspiring itself in some sense. Among all the products of Indonesian pop songs, I feel that this is one of the most pleasant and wonderful songs to listen to. And why not - as the song suggests, it has an orchestral backing, which affirms the word "beautiful" in the title. Thanks to the movie, I can now make an intriguing connection between the song and Pokémon.

This song is a good representation for the relationship of Ash and Pikachu. Despite the ups and downs of the relationship, it has turned out to be a remarkable one, as visualized in the movie. It's almost like Pikachu is a symphony that resonates within the heart of Ash, and Ash acknowledges it. It's hard to imagine where Ash would be today without Pikachu, though if the movie is any indication, it is a situation that is best left unimagined. The current situation, however, can be reimagined in various ways.

One of those ways is as what I envision with the chorus of the song, which I've quoted above. As Ash and Pikachu are walking - perhaps after the conclusion of the movie - the birds are really singing and the flowers are really smiling (Pokémon, and otherwise for the latter), and as Pikachu leads the way, Ash is as pleased as ever, fulfilling the rest of the chorus. It's a very fantastic picture for a very fantastic chorus, but that's not the end of it, because I envision Ash and Pikachu throughout the entire song.

I really admire the relationship that these two have. I really admire the latest movie for portraying this, and then again so goes for this song. They're all beautiful symphonies, and in my Pokémon mind, they can all come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.