Thursday, March 29, 2018

Takara Tomy Pokémon MonCollé Friends: Pikachu

Typically, Pokémon figures for me are rare items; I'd have to find and get them at events or conventions, or else buy them at a local hobby shop or someone who's willing to sell them, or not at all. So when I was informed by a friend that a set of official mini-figures are available at a local chain of convenience stores, I was glad, since it means I don't have to look in a specific place for them. Recently I got my hands on a couple of these figures, and now I wish to discuss them.


The ones I got are figures of the same Pokémon - Pikachu - but with different poses and expressions. The details on these figures are amazing, as they should be from a major maker of Pokémon merchandise. I particularly like these expressions; the Pikachu on the left looks defensive and the one on the right looks lax, and they appear as if they can come alive at any moment. The colors and features are of course accurate, and that means a lot for these mini-figures.

Because of their poses and expressions, these Pikachu figures are pretty unique. They're unlike common Pikachu figures where Pikachu is standing up, and it's nice to see figures that break away from the convention. There's also a bit of appreciable asymmetry in the poses; the figures as a whole show the body parts unaligned to a single axis, but they still manage to look good doing it. The tail is also another unique part, as it appears to be slightly bendable, though in my case these figures were just recently taken out of their packaging, so they tend to re-assume the original position. Even so, I won't take this "feature" for granted so that the figures remain whole.

Overall, these two are excellent Pikachu figures, and they're well worth the money I paid for them and the effort to get them. This figure set is more than just Pikachu, though - there's a whole load of featured Pokémon that are part of the set. Given these Pikachu figures, I have no doubt they would be excellent as well. I will have to see if my time and efforts allow me to procure more of these figures.

One year ago: Pokémon Mechanical Fan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.