Friday, March 30, 2018

Lugia Raid Burnout

Well, it's almost the end of the period for Lugia raids, and I can say that I and the people in my raid group have had varying successes. Some people have caught many Lugia but with (almost) no Shiny Lugia, while others have caught quite a few Lugia and just as many Shiny Lugia. In addition, some people have been able to follow through with their capture challenges, capturing most of the Lugia they meet, while others have been hit-or-miss, capturing some Lugia but not others. Whatever the case, it's conceivable that some people may be becoming bored and/or tired of raiding Lugia. This situation is something I would describe as a "raid burnout".

In my two most recent Lugia raids, I failed to catch Lugia, but not because I intended to. Most of my throws landed Lugia in the Premier Ball, but Lugia always managed to escape. This was even with the aid of Golden Razz Berries and throwing curveballs. A few days earlier, the same thing happened to one of my raid mates: two Lugia raids in that day, and neither led to a capture. Conversely, when I participated that day, I landed both raids, and recently my raid mate did the same. And certainly, none of the raids resulted in a Shiny Lugia, for it would be a different story if they did. Plus, I and my raid mate already have had many successful Lugia captures. This becomes a source of frustration and boredom, and thus the "burnout".

This is exactly the situation I want to avoid, and by the presence of Shiny Lugia, as a consequence of when I discussed the pursuit of Shiny Pokémon some time ago. While the discussion then does have implications of the main series, it can apply to Go as well with the presence of certain Shiny Pokémon. I prefer not to be obsessed in the hopes that this situation would not happen. I have said that it is an obsession, and it still is - and now it has become out of the ordinary. That said, it probably may have to stop now, or at least be paused. I've taken a non-Legendary raid and succeeded, and that is good for a pause; I may just decide to shift my efforts to non-Legendary raids and let Lugia pass.

At this point, I'm willing to accept - what with Premium Raid Passes becoming scant and the Lugia raids drawing to a close - that it would take a total stroke of luck to happen upon a Shiny Lugia. One way or another, the obsession has got to come to an end, and the resulting burnout has to heal. Perhaps my raid mate, who has caught many Lugia but no Shiny Lugia, would agree. It may be the time to let up on Lugia, let it go, and wait patiently for the next featured Legendary raid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.