Thursday, March 1, 2018

Can't Get Enough of Pokémon (and Pikachu) Stickers

I really love getting Pokémon stickers from Japanese-themed events or conventions. They're among the cheapest merchandise that I can currently obtain, and they make great mementos of the event or convention. I've been to different ones and also have gotten different stickers each time; they look somewhat great too. Here are some of the ones I've gotten, including recent ones:


If it seems like there's a second running theme in all these stickers, you are not too far off the mark, since four out of the five stickers here are Pikachu stickers. But that's hardly my fault - Pikachu is after all the de facto series mascot and is the Pokémon most well-known by everyone, including those that are not deep fans of Pokémon. So stickers may always feature Pikachu in addition to other elements of Pokémon, and I say that's fine and good.

Now for some thoughts and tidbits about each sticker. The leftmost Pikachu sticker is clearly an independent artistic creation, as it is markedly different in style from official images. I must say that I've forgotten from which event I got this, but I'm certain that it was special. For the sticker in the middle, I officially received this from the AsiA event back in January, though the same indie stall has been present in some later events; moreover, a friend (and a fellow character) who knew it was my birthday bought the sticker for me as a gift, which is a nice consideration. The other three stickers, including the Pokémon logo sticker, came from the most recent one from Sunday, and it was great that I could get them then, for I had been eyeing the stickers for a while. The latter four stickers feature official or at least close to official images, which may be considered appreciable.

I haven't decided if and where I'll stick these stickers, as per their intended function. While I take my time for this consideration, it's still nice to have these stickers regardless because of the images present on them. It's hard to beat getting things that are so cheap and in most cases so memorable as well. I just can't get enough of them, and I will certainly get more in later events or conventions to come.

One year ago: Posters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.