Sunday, October 14, 2018

Cosplay: Akatsuki no Matsuri

[AshKetchumMode]

After last week's sticky situation, there's nothing like another theme event... right? Well, that's exactly what happened. My friend had been planning to send me to this one too, and it was just bad luck that what happened last week happened. Luckily things are much better this week, and that makes me glad, as much as my friend is glad.

This one is quite the event. My friend says the title of the event means "dawn festival", which I guess it's great. Actually, this is supposed to be a two-day thing, but my friend told me all the good stuff were on the second day. My friend did check, and it really wasn't too interesting. So we thought everything was really going to happen on Day 2, and we were right.

My friend signed me up for two competitions today: singing and the character parade. Yeah, that means the singing competition is the main one today! We chose to sing the first opening theme for my Sinnoh adventures. My friend had thought about this one a really long while back, and I have to say that it's a great choice too. Because of this, my outfit had to match, so I brought my Sinnoh one for today. My friend can't stop talking how it's the first one that we came up with, so it's great too.

My friend suggested a few things when I performed for the singing competition. They were a bit cheesy, I think, but they seem OK and everyone liked it. As for winning, I guess I have to be honest - I didn't win a thing. For the singing competition, only two people won, even though almost 20 people entered. For the character parade, three armor characters and three fabric characters won - but I wasn't one of the fabric ones. Yes, I'm a bit sad too.

Pikachu: Pi... ka... [tired, drawn out]

Yeah, I'm sorry, Pikachu, but that's how it went. Maybe we'll find better luck elsewhere.

Other than that, the event was a bit small. There were only a few vendors of goodies, and the stage was just big enough for all the fun. Everything was still good, except for the part where everything got pushed back a bit and everyone seemed to get in the way. That's a bit of a hassle, but everything's OK in the end. It's also much better than if I was sent to a faraway event which also happened today, of all days. So my friend and I are lucky - not so much with winnings, but you get where this goes.

This was a good day to get out and get some fun at this event. I'm happy, and so should my friend. Yet I think our work is cut out for the next one. We'll have to see...

[/AshKetchumMode]

One year ago: Never Stop Exploring

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.