Tuesday, October 2, 2018

(Welcome Back to) Local EX Raid, 10/2/2018

As I've mentioned four days ago, today is the day of the first EX Raid in my local area that features Deoxys as the EX Raid boss. Actually, make that two EX Raids, because both of the Gyms in my area that have a history of hosting them, hosted ones at the exact same time. I got my invitation for the one with which the history of EX Raids started in my area, and honestly, I prefer that it would be this way, since these essentially "start fresh" with a new boss.

Most of the fellows in my raid group got one or the other, but that didn't stop an enterprising few to be able to get both, thanks to the new "shared invitation" feature and fortunate relationships. It also helps that the two locations are only about 2 km away, which is quickly traversed by vehicles, and which most of them do have. I don't, but in any case I'm not currently interested either; there will likely be other opportunities very soon. Whatever happened, now coordination had to be done on three levels: individually for each, plus one more for those who got both.

The battle flights consisted of 10 to 15 Trainers, but it seems this might be a bit much, since it seems Deoxys is rather easy to subdue (in any form) in comparison to the sometimes-unruly Mewtwo, a fact that I've been frequently reminded now that Mewtwo is a common raid boss. For the next EX Raids, perhaps battle flights of 8 to 10 Trainers can be used to allow for optimization of everyone's abilities. And yes, everyone got the Normal Form today, which means that it is likely that the four forms will rotate somehow. Again, this has to be seen.

The debut group, with me taking the picture.

Since this was my first Deoxys EX Raid, I wanted to focus on capturing Deoxys rather than to do tricky things with it (read: use the AR function to take pictures). In lieu of that, I just have normal pictures and images. One of my fellows did try some tricky things, and they actually turned out great. I will certainly have to do this next time, now that the camera function works as expected once again.

Not too bad for a first one.

Given the long road of Mewtwo EX Raids, there should be plenty more opportunities for Deoxys EX Raids, with all that has happened. This first one was not to be missed for whatever reason. Of course, that also applies to the forthcoming EX Raids, which should be quite fascinating. I'm already highly expectant of the next one.

One year ago: Preparing for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

1 comment:

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.